Hello, after doing the Creative Writing Tips For Kids (which you can find here: https://www.victoriamayburybooks.ca/2020/05/23/creative-writing-tips-for-kids/) I thought I’d just do a post with writing prompts for everyone and anyone. Sometimes, it is easier to start writing with a prompt because it gets your creative juices flowing. In light of that, here is your writing prompts for all. Hope you enjoy!
Creative Writing Prompts
- What would happen if you were on a submarine?
- Have a discussion with a lobster, what would you say?
- Write 5 things you love about your sibling(s).
- What car would you love to own and why?
- How would you climb the side of a building?
- Who was your favorite character in the last book you read and why?
Scene Writing Prompts
- Suddenly, icy fingers grabbed my arm as I inched through the darkness. . .
- I suddenly found out that I was heir to a throne. . .
- When she flipped on the radio that night, she couldn’t believe the voice she heard coming through the speakers. . .
- He opened the letter and it said he’d won $1 000 000. . .
- Today, she would find out that her entire life had been a lie. . .
- He was heading back to the one place he hoped he’d never have to see again. . .
- Shaking, she grabbed his hand and said her goodbyes. . .
Other Writing Prompts
- The evil queen keeps a diary. Write her first, 12th and last entries.
- “Did you expect her to stay? She hated this place as a kid.”
- “I was never meant to be your hero.”
- His eyes were cold and lifeless as he stared at me. “You have no idea who I am, do you?”
I hope you found these prompts helpful! Just remember, you’re only given one spark of madness so don’t lose it! Until next time!
Victoria R. Maybury
Social media: Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/authorvictoriarmaybury/ Tumblr:https://www.tumblr.com/blog/authorvictoriarmaybury Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/author_victoria_r_maybury/ (author_victoria_r_maybury) Twitter:https://twitter.com/r_maybury (r_maybury)